Groundbreaking Celebration for La Vista Residential, Hayward, to Take Place June 23
June 19, 2023
– Project will provide 176 high-quality, affordable homes for low-income individuals and families –
What: Eden Housing, in partnership with The Pacific Companies (TPC), will break ground for La Vista Residential, a new affordable housing development located in the Hayward Hills and at the heart of the Mission Boulevard corridor. This joint venture will create 176 new affordable apartment homes, which will include access to a new park.
With more than 50% of renters in the City of Hayward being rent-burdened, units of La Vista Residential will only be offered to individuals or families earning between 30% and 80% of the area median income, which is approximately $32,000 to $88,000 for a two-person household.
When: Friday, June 23, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Project Location: Tennyson Road near Mission Boulevard, Hayward
Photo and Video Ops:
Special guests and speakers include:
- Mark Salinas, Mayor of the City of Hayward
- Assemblymember Liz Ortega
- Elisa Márquez, Alameda County Supervisor (District 2)
- Dan Goldstein, Councilmember of the City of Hayward and Housing Commissioner of HACA
- Julie Roche, Councilmember of the City of Hayward
- George Syrop, Councilmember of the City of Hayward
- Francisco Zermeño, Councilmember of the City of Hayward
- Mahdi A. Fugfugosh, District Representative for Senator Aisha Wahab
- James Vossoughi, Chase Bank
- Eden Housing and TPC leadership team
About La Vista:
This transit-oriented community is located within walking distance of the South Hayward BART station and adjacent to the future La Vista Park, providing plentiful transit options and open spaces for residents.
The development will be equipped with pedestrian connections to and from the park, which are designed to build on the City’s vision to strengthen the existing neighborhood’s access to high-quality open space.
Funding and lenders for La Vista: City of Hayward, Chase, CREA, California Housing Finance Agency, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee and California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org