Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting for Walnut Grove to Take Place June 30
June 27, 2023
– Project provides 50 homes for seniors earning 30 to 50% of the area median income –
What: Eden Housing will host the grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the Walnut Grove senior housing community in the Town of Los Gatos. Eden Housing’s newest affordable housing community will provide safe and sustainable homes for seniors in the area with limited income.
When: Friday, June 30, 2023, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: 14235 Walker Street, Los Gatos, California
Photo and Video Ops: Special guests and speakers include:
- Maria Ristow, Mayor of the City of Los Gatos
- Justin Jeong, Field Representative for Congresswoman Anna Eshoo
- Roy Tongilava, Field Representative for Senator David Cortese
- Hannah Bar-Ness, Field Representative for Assemblymember Gail Pellerin
- Christian Daly, External Affairs Manager, CDLAC and CTCAC
- Ari Beliak, CEO of Merritt Community Capital
- John Chan, SVP of Commercial Real Estate, Affordable Housing, East West Bank
- Matthew Hudes, Councilmember of the City of Los Gatos and Housing Element Advisory Board Member
- Eden Housing leadership team
About Walnut Grove:
Located at the intersection of Highways 17 and 85 in Los Gatos, the Walnut Grove community will provide 50 high-quality, affordable apartment homes for seniors.
The 1-bedroom units are situated on the 3rd and 4th floors above a two-story market hall with restaurant and retail spaces. This inclusionary, pet-friendly senior housing facility is the first phase of the North 40 development, a new mixed-use neighborhood developed by SummerHill Homes.
Residents of Walnut Grove will have access to a variety of amenities and services. The community offers on-site laundry, community rooms and gardens, BBQs, gated parking and more, ensuring that residents have the resources they need to thrive. Additionally, the development incorporates sustainable and energy-efficient design features, promoting environmentally friendly living and reducing utility costs for residents.
Funding and lenders for Walnut Grove: East West Bank, Merritt Community Capital Corporation, SummerHill Homes and California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org