Eden Housing Celebrates Grand Re-Opening of Two Affordable Housing Projects in Morgan Hill on August 11
August 3, 2023
– Depot Commons and The Willows provide 39 homes for low-income families; Six new units and a community room were added as a result of the remodel –
Originally built in the early 1990s, Depot Commons and The Willows were acquired by Eden Housing in 2015 as part of a merger with South County Housing, resulting in the preservation of its affordable housing portfolio.
When: Friday, August 11, 2023, noon to 2 p.m.
Where: 50 W. Edmundson Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Photo and Video Opportunities: Special guests and speakers include:
- Mark Turner, Mayor of the City of Morgan Hill
- Justin Tran, Press Secretary and Deputy District Director for Senator John Laird
- Hannah Bar-Ness, Field Representative for Assemblymember Gail Pellerin
- Gino Borgioli, Councilmember of the City of Morgan Hill
- Marilyn Librers, Councilmember of the City of Morgan Hill
- Mark Wolf, California Bank & Trust
- Eden Housing leadership team
About the projects: Depot Commons and The Willows provide 39 affordable housing rental homes for low-income families in Morgan Hill.
Improvements include new HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems, new exterior windows and stucco, new solar photovoltaics systems, and new drought‐tolerant landscaping and water-efficient irrigation. Home upgrades include new cabinets and appliances and new hardware and flooring for the majority of the units.
At Depot Commons, the floor plans were reconfigured to convert the homes from single-room occupancy to studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units, resulting in the addition of six new homes and a new community room for its residents.
Funding and lenders: City of Morgan Hill, County of Santa Clara, California Department of Housing & Community Development, Merritt Community Capital Corporation, California Bank & Trust, California Municipal Finance Authority, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org