Loro Landing (formerly Parrott Street Apartments)
Community Type: Family/Individual
Located on the corner of Parrott Street and San Leandro Boulevard, Loro Landing is a new apartment community that will contribute to the City of San Leandro’s vision for a vibrant downtown with a high quality affordable housing development for lower-income households. In this excellent location across the street from the San Leandro BART station, we propose to build 62 rental apartments for individuals and households earning between 20% and 60% of the area median income, equivalent to an annual income of $20,000 to $60,000 for a two-person household.
Loro Landing will provide homes to households that are in threat of being priced out of the housing market, but are essential to a strong and diverse community, including the lower-income workforce and veterans. Loro Landing will set aside approximately half of the units for homeless and lower-income veterans with the help of HUD-VASH subsidy and the state’s Veterans Housing and Homelessness Prevention funding program.
Loro Landing is designed as a single five-story building with 62 apartments which include a mix of studios, one-bedroom units, and two-bedroom units. One of the units will be set aside for a live-in property manager, which will help ensure that the property is well managed every day and night. Additionally, the ground level of the building includes a property management office for the full-time property manager, as well as an office for a resident services coordinator who will provide myriad services – such as wellness, career, education, and financial literacy programming – to help ensure our residents succeed.
The building is designed with sustainability in mind, with solar panels on the roof, low-flow water fixtures, Energy Star appliances, and dedicated bike parking, and will be Green Point Rated certified. The property also includes amenities such as a computer learning center, community room, laundry facilities, and an outdoor courtyard with planters for growing fruits and vegetables.
The Online Pre-applications has now closed, please select other Eden sites that are accepting applications.
Pre-applications received by the deadline of Friday, 10/8/21, 4 pm will be entered in the Lottery to fill the available 30 affordable studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments at 30%, 50% & 60% area median income. If selected from the lottery you will be contacted for an interview to qualify.
DepositSecurity Deposit $500. Pet Deposit $150
Pets will be allowed in accordance with Eden Housing Management, Inc.’s Pet Policy. A pet deposit of $150 is required and additional items including pet records including immunization & registration is required with notification and approval by Property Management prior to moving in a pet.
Number of Units
62 Family Units
• Air Conditioning • Broadband Internet Access • Disability Access • Heating • Smoke Free CommunityADA AccessibilityADA kitchensAir ConditioningAppliancesBlindsCable ReadyCarpet and Vinyl FlooringCentral heat and air conditioningElectric cooktop stove and rangeFull-size refrigeratorFully adaptable for people with disabilitiesGarbage disposalHigh efficiency light fixtures and appliancesIn-sink garbage disposalincluding kitchen cabinets and countertopsNon-smoking propertyPet friendlyTrash and recycle chutesWheelchair Accessible
- After-school program
- BBQ Grills
- Bicycle Storage
- Community Center
- Community Gardens
- Computer Lab
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Fitness Center
- Key Fob Security
- Laundry Room
- Wi-Fi in Community Spaces
- Designed to achieve a GreenPoint rating of at least 110 points
- Transit-oriented development
- Exceeds Title 24’s energy and resource efficiency thresholds by 30%
- Drought resistant landscaping that meets Bay Friendly landscaping standards, thereby reducing the water needed for irrigation
- Irrigation systems that are controlled by smart timers which prevent over watering of plants
- Efficient water fixtures throughout the building
- Equipped with Energy Star rated appliances
- Use of low-emissions materials
- Includes indoor storage for up to 21 bicycles
Bank of America