The Starling (formerly known as Alameda Point Family) is a new construction project that consists of 70 units in one four-story building. The community is dedicated to families and individuals and consists of 14 one-bedroom, 37 two-bedroom units and 19 three-bedroom units. Located on the western side of the City of Alameda, The Starling is a part of the redevelopment of the former Naval Air Station in Alameda. Brand new streets, water, sewer, electric, gas and transit infrastructure (a new ferry terminal) have been built as part of this redevelopment.
The Starling will incorporate innovative green design elements that maximize energy and water efficiency and make use of recycled materials. As such, the project will optimize energy and resource efficiency, which provides a healthier home for our residents and improves affordability by minimizing resident’s utility costs. The project’s design will include the following elements:
• Solar Photovoltaic panels to offset the common area electrical load.
• Solar thermal system for hot water heating.
• Drought resistant landscaping that meets Bay Friendly landscaping standards, thereby reducing the water needed for irrigation.
• Bioswales which enhance natural drainage of water on-site rather than into the storm water system.
• Shading systems for natural cooling.
• Low VOC paints for indoor air quality.
• High efficiency light fixtures and Energy Star appliances.
• Low flow toilets and showerheads.
The Online Pre-applications has now closed, please select other Eden sites that are accepting applications.
Pre-applications received by the deadline of Friday, 10/15/21, 4 pm will be entered in the Lottery to fill the available 31 affordable, 2- & 3-bedroom apartments at 30%, 50% & 60% area median income. If selected from the lottery you will be contacted for an interview to qualify. Please call 510-499-2491 for further information.
DepositSecurity Deposit $500. Pet Deposit $150
Pets will be allowed in accordance with Eden Housing Management, Inc.’s Pet Policy. A pet deposit of $150 is required and additional items including pet records including immunization & registration is required with notification and approval by Property Management prior to moving in a pet.
Number of Units
- ADA Accessibility
- Cable Ready
- Carpet and Vinyl Flooring
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Electric cooktop stove and range
- Energy Star rated appliances
- Full-size refrigerator
- Fully adaptable for people with disabilities
- High efficiency light fixtures and appliances
- Large windows with good light
- Non-smoking property
- Parking Spot (one per unit)
- Refrigerator and Range
- Trash and recycle chutes
- Wheelchair Accessible
- BBQ Grills
- Bicycle Storage
- Community Center
- Community Gardens
- Computer Lab
- Covered Parking
- Gated Parking
- Key Fob Security
- Laundry Room
- Wi-Fi in Community Spaces
KTGY Architecture + Planning
James E. Roberts-Obayashi-Corp.
Wells Fargo and CCRC
Eden Housing Management, Inc.