Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting for Mesa Terrace to Take Place June 14
June 13, 2023
– Homes will be dedicated to transition-aged youth, seniors and low-income families –
What: Eden Housing, in partnership with the City of San Jose, will host the grand opening celebration and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the Mesa Terrace community. This new development, located in the heart of the Almaden neighborhood of San Jose, offers housing to transition-aged youth who have exited the foster system, as well as low-income families, with a special focus on seniors. The community also includes a 1,000 square foot community room, which is available for use by neighboring residents.
Since the affordable housing bond Measure A was passed in November 2016, Santa Clara County has been awarded nearly $644 million in multi-family housing developments across nine cities. Mesa Terrace, along with three other of Eden Housing’s projects (La Avenida Apartments, Auzerais and East Santa Clara) have benefited from this measure.
When: Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where: 1171 Mesa Drive, San Jose, CA 95118
Photo and Video Ops: Special guests and speakers include:
- Matt Mahan, Mayor of the City of San Jose
- Sylvia Arenas, Santa Clara County Supervisor (District 1)
- Consuelo Hernandez, Director of Supportive Housing
- Arjun Batra, Coucilmember of the City of San Jose (District 10)
- Peter Ortiz, Councilmember of the City of San Jose (District 5)
- Domingo Candelas, Councilmember of the City of San Jose (District 8)
- Zach Contini, Field Representative for Senator Dave Cortese
- Angie Garcia-Nguyen, Deputy Executive Director, Santa Clara County Housing Authority
- Jeff Bennett, SVP/Relationship Manager Wells Fargo
- Owen Patterson, Originations Analyst for CCRC
- Eden Housing leadership team
ABOUT Mesa Terrace:
Mesa Terrace provides high-quality, service-enriched housing to transition age youth, seniors and families in a beautifully designed, energy-efficient building. The project is conveniently located within walking distance of the Westfield Oakridge shopping mall and Almaden Lake Park.
Funding and lenders for Mesa Terrace: City of San Jose, County of Santa Clara, Housing Authority of Santa Clara County, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, Wells Fargo and California Community Reinvestment Corporation
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, email@example.com