Groundbreaking Celebration for 3301 Kerner, San Rafael, to Take Place June 9
June 2, 2023
– Adaptive reuse project will provide housing for individuals experiencing homelessness, the formerly homeless and those suffering from mental illness –
What: Eden Housing will kick-off construction for the highly anticipated 3301 Kerner project in San Rafael, which will convert a vacant office building into permanent supportive housing and provide services for households that are experiencing homelessness or have experienced homelessness in the past. This repurposing initiative was funded by the Project Homekey and California Housing Accelerator programs, and the County of Marin.
The kick-off event for 3301 Kerner aims to celebrate the addition of affordable, community housing in the City of San Rafael by transforming the existing property into a vibrant and sustainable space that meets the diverse needs of its residents. This will take place in conjunction with NeighborWorks Week, a national recognition of the networks’ collective impact and an occasion to acknowledge the thousands of volunteers, business partners, national and civic leaders who stand with Eden Housing to help deliver on its critical mission.
When: Friday, June 9, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: 3301 Kerner Boulevard, San Rafael, California
Photo and Video Ops: Special guests and speakers include:
- Kate Colin, Mayor of the City of San Rafael
- U.S. Congressman Jared Huffman
- Assemblymember Damon Connolly
- Mary Sackett, County Supervisor (District 1)
- Dennis Rodoni, County Supervisor (District 4)
- Maika Llorens Gulati, Councilmember of the City of San Rafael
- Eli Hill, Councilmember of the City of San Rafael
- Rachel Kertz, Councilmember of the City of San Rafael
- Benita McLarin, Director, Marin Health & Human Services
- Summer Cassel, Marin District Representative for Senator Mike McGuire
- Daniel Allegretti, Vice President, Credit Risk, Chase
- Eden Housing leadership team
About 3301 Kerner
Conveniently located directly across the street from the Marin Health and Wellness Campus, the project will feature modern amenities, communal spaces including an outdoor gardening area, offices for case managers and green initiatives that promote sustainability. The project will provide 41 units of permanent housing units, as well as supportive and mental health services. Residents will have nearby access to public transportation, shopping, medical services, recreation and employment opportunities.
Funding and lenders for 3301 Kerner: City of San Rafael, County of Marin, California Department of Housing and Community Development, Chase, Marin Community Foundation, Housing Partnership Network and Wells Fargo Foundation
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org