Eden Housing Celebrates Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting of Blue Oak Landing on September 18
September 13, 2023
– Organization’s first modular project offers 75 units of 100% permanent supportive housing to individuals and families experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness in the City of Vallejo –
What: Eden Housing will celebrate the grand opening of Blue Oak Landing, the organization’s first modular affordable housing project that provides 75 new, high-quality, energy-efficient rental homes to lower-income households and those experiencing homelessness.
The project serves individuals, couples and families earning between 20% and 40% of the area median income, which is equivalent to an annual income of $17,000 to $35,000 for a two-person household.
Blue Oak Landing, built in partnership with James E. Roberts-Obayashi Corp. and local modular manufacturer, Factory OS. Resident services and case management are provided by Caminar, with additional case management provided by the Solano County Behavioral Health.
When: Monday, September 18, 2023, noon to 2 p.m.
Where: 2118 Sacramento Street, Vallejo
Photo and Video Opps:
Special guests and speakers include:
- Robert H. McConnell, Mayor of the City of Vallejo
- Bill Dodd, California State Senator
- Gustavo Velasquez, Director of the California Department of Housing & Community Development
- Lori D. Wilson, California State Assemblymember
- Erin Hannigan, Solano County Supervisor
- Alice Walkup, Director of the Community Planning and Development Division San Francisco Regional Office, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Fiona Hsu, Manager of Community Development Finance, Silicon Valley Bank
- Rick Holliday, Co-Founder of Factory OS
- Richard Shea, Senior Vice President of CREA
- Eden Housing leadership team and residents
About the project: Blue Oak Landing offers a broad range of amenities including a computer learning center, a community room with a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, and an outdoor courtyard with community garden beds and a play area.
The building, which is Green Point Gold certified, is designed with sustainability in mind, with rooftop solar panels, all electrical design and indoor bike parking.
Funding and lenders: The City of Vallejo, Vallejo Housing Authority, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development, California Department of Housing & Community Development No Place Like Home program, Solano County Behavioral Health, Silicon Valley Bank, CREA, CAP Solano JPA, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, California Municipal Finance Authority, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee and California Debt Limit Allocation Committee.
ABOUT EDEN HOUSING
Eden Housing is a non-profit organization with 55 years of experience providing safe and affordable housing that helps families stay secure, allows communities to thrive, and solves many of the most pressing housing challenges facing California cities. Since its inception, the Bay Area-based organization has developed more than 10,000 affordable homes and is a leader in making its residential communities environmentally sustainable and efficient through integrating energy conservation. Eden is also known as a champion of housing policy advocacy at the local, state, and national level, supporting practices that both create and preserve affordable housing for diverse communities. Learn more at www.edenhousing.org.
Johnston Communications for Eden Housing
(408) 656 8025, firstname.lastname@example.org