Are you looking for a way to volunteer?
September 10, 2020
Food Distribution Volunteers Needed!
When COVID-19 hit, food distributions at all our properties have changed. Many of our properties had resident volunteers that supported regular food distributions, but out of safety and precaution, we restricted in-person volunteers until recently. If you are a community member looking for a way to help, volunteer with Eden Housing!
Volunteer will assist Resident Services Coordinator in packaging up groceries. Volunteers will also be delivering packaged groceries door to door.
Shift Times & Locations:
Shifts vary by location, time, and frequency
• Volunteers, 12 and older must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Volunteers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
• Volunteers must wear a mask or face covering during entire shift.
Virtual Financial Coaches
Interested in helping others achieve their financial dreams? Volunteer as an Eden Savers Financial Coach! Complete our coach training and gain professional experience working with a client to set and achieve financial goals. Coaches work with our low-income residents to help them improve their financial well-being, set and achieve meaningful financial goals, develop action steps, provide accountability, and serve as a resource for client questions.
• Coaches meet virtually with their clients twice a month for six months or check-in as needed.
• Coaching sessions are generally 60 minutes.
• Develop a close working relationship with a resident and watch them succeed!
• Successful coaches are active listeners, curious, goal-oriented, and able to work in partnership with their client.
• Knowledge of personal financial management is useful but not required.
• Coaches attend a virtual, two-part Eden Savers training to learn coaching practices and tools. Training is held on Zoom on Tuesday/Thursday evenings.
Virtual Tech Tutors
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to spend time with a senior and make a direct impact? Our Virtual Tech Tutor Volunteers work one-on-one with seniors and teach them how to use current technology and the tools that enable them to stay connected with family and friends and improve their quality of their life.
Schedule: Flexible, but must occur Monday-Friday
• Commit to a weekly virtual tutoring shift
• Help a senior learn how to use their laptop, smartphone, tablet or e-reader
• Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information
• Work closely with Eden staff and report on any issues or get support when needed