Howard T. Collins Scholarship Application Process
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE 2021 HOWARD T. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
Program Description & criteria
The Twenty Seventh Annual Howard T. Collins Memorial Scholarship program will award scholarships to individuals who are current residents of a property managed by Eden Housing Management, Inc. and who are enrolled in a course of study, are pursuing their educational/academic and/or career advancement/vocational goals.
- Currently live in a property managed by Eden Housing Management, Inc.
- Be at least seventeen (17) years old (or a high school senior and/or taking higher education courses).
- Be pursuing their educational/academic and/or career advancement/vocational goals.
- Completely fill out the application form. Forms may be typed (this is preferable) or legibly written in black or blue ink. Incomplete or late applications will be automatically disqualified. Outdated information, including reference letters, will not be accepted. If you choose to handwrite your application, it must be clear and easy to read. If we can’t read it, it will be disqualified. It’s preferable to type your answers.
- Provide two (2) dated letters of recommendation. (See Letter of Recommendation Guidelines)
- Provide most recent transcript(s) of grades.
- Provide a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) (required to submit ONLY if awarded a scholarship. Staff will reach out directly for this information, do not include it on the application)
DEADLINE: All of the above items are due by 5:30pm Friday May 14, 2021 (postmarked ok). We are unable to accept any late applications. (Applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is received and complete.) Please call 510-582-1460 if you have any questions.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE HOWARD T. SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2021.
Please help us with our sustainability efforts by submitting your application electronically. If possible submit your electronic application as one PDF document. Submitting in multiple parts makes it more likely that not all parts will be received. Speak with your Community Manager or Services Coordinator if you need assistance. Applications will be accepted by mail, email or you can drop them off at our central office listed below.
Postmarked or in Person:
Attn: Howard T. Collins Memorial Scholarship Committee
22645 Grand Street
Hayward, CA 94541
If you have questions please call the Eden Housing at 510-582-1460.